Friday 25 April 2014

Wanderlust!

Life's irritation number 8

Don't you just hate it when you know everyone else is having fun and you are left at home?


That is just how I feel as I know that the annual banquet of yarn addiction that is Wonderwool is taking place in Wales this very weekend and many of my knitting friends will be there enjoying the myriad colourful sights, sounds, smells and feel of yarn, fleece and real live animals, sheep, alpaca, angora rabbits!

With over 200 exhibitors and 3 halls it is the premier wool and natural fibre festival in Wales, one that everyone talks about and one that I have NEVER been to!

It is all I can do to stop myself getting in the car and driving there even though I know that it is nearly 190 miles each way and would take about three and a half hours to get there. How do I know that? Because I've checked it out, I've never been but I've checked out the route just in case I was to jump in the car and drive there over the weekend. I know I'm not going but if I was I'd know how to get there.

I don't actually need yarn, I have a stash that risks outliving me but buying yarn is only part of the reason one goes to yarn festivals. There are workshops to take (and we all know what a sucker I am for a good workshop), things to see, favourite independent yarn suppliers to see, new suppliers to suss out and friends to meet up with.

Oh well, maybe next year.

And what's on my needles right now?

Having finished my Miss Winkle which is waiting to be blocked at the weekend and for me to rewrite the Lost In CyberSpace blog post, I have been working on my sock and have just turned the heel so will soon be on the home straight.










2 comments:

  1. In case you are now running out of projects I have a wool jumper for you to felt into ca cat's bed. Will bring it along to next gathering.

    Console yourself that Wonderwool was a long way to travel, weather probably wasn't good. There is a reason my family always call the Principality Wet Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that the weather was wet but other bloogers report that they had a great time.

      The jumper will be great, I must remember to take photos of the process for a future blog.

      Delete

I welcome your comments which will be moderated before they are published.